How long does it take for Google to crawl my site?
If there is one question I can’t give a definitive answer to on SEO related matters it’s the how long question. How long….
- will it take for Google to index my site?
- before I’m on the first page?
- before I see results?
What I can and do do is tell you how to give yourself the best chance of being rated highly in the areas that you have the best chance in.
Every business is different. Every market is different.
You can’t plug in a formula and say in 4 days Google will rank you number 3. I wish you could.
What you can do is get the basics right and then concentrate on presenting your site in the best possible light.
Getting the basics right for Google to index your site.
All the fancy SEO strategies in the world won’t help unless you have a site in good working order that is visible and readable for search engines
- Check Server responses use a tool like this server response header
Pages should return 200/OK responses.
- Have actual readable “content” Images look great and pretty webs ites look cool but a search bot can’t see or read an image.
- Use “normal” links – keep it simple a normal link is <a href=”some_URL” title=”optional”> Something here </a>. Using event based functions (no href value, instead using on.click or using select list elements with on.click functions etc.) can cause the bots to not follow.
- Submit the site to Google use this URL Submittal tool http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl
- Build authority and relevance. by trying to get a few quality links from sites that deal with related topics
- Sign up for a Google Webmaster Tools account. and get your site verified. This guarantees nothing, but it can help you to discovering and locate problems if they exist.
Present your site in the best possible light for getting your site indexed by Google by doing…
- Keyword analysis – find what relevant search terms are highly searched
- Competitor analysis – review how much and what quality opposition there is
- Optimise your site on page for SEO commensurate with the research you’ve done.
- Create quality, relevant and fresh content for your site
- Follow a long term strategy to organically build your site’s relevance and authority via backlinks and social media
- Concentrate on building value by providing quality outbound links and on site links.
If you concentrate on doing those things, and behaving ethically and responsibly, Google will notice you and they will rank you accordingly.
How long will it take For Google to Index ?
That depends on a number of variables. Google’s own indexing guideline
s cannot give a definitive answer.
The best answer is to ensure that your site complies with all of Google’s requirements and to be patient.
The frustrating thing initially, is that even if your site is indexed, it may take some time to rank competitively, particularly if the site is targeted towards a highly competitive niche.
If there are multiple sites all operating in the same niche, all with similar targeted keywords, Google may index your site quite early, but your ranking will almost certainly be very low, particularly if you have fairly standard content that does not make you stand out from the crowd.
Creating your own identity and brand that revolves around specific long tailed key words can help you to rank higher quicker.
The Keys To Ranking Well
Its worth restating -the keys to ranking well are
- Define your market and your place in it and create related content.
- Research of related keywords.
- Research of competition already in the marketplace.
- Developing good social media channels and engaging with your audience.
- Posting outbound links to quality related content.
- Establishing credibility by attracting inbound links from quality websites.
It all takes time and/or money.
In my opinion, legitimate white hat SEO tactics, combined with a coherent social media strategy will give the best results for targeted website traffic in the long term, whereas purchasing advertising, be it via Adwords, media buying, banner traffic or something else, is a constant cost.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article. I am a full time writer with an interest in politics and where this world is headed. I also write articles on my experiences as a freelance writer.
If you liked this short article I’d be grateful if you shared it on Facebook, Twitter or any other platform that you hang out on. If you would like me to write for you on any subject at all, my rates are very reasonable
If you would like to support the work I do in this area you can do so by leaving feedback, following me on Twitter, Medium or Steemit or alternatively funding my independence by becoming a patron